So you may have indulged a little during the holidays and enjoyed the sugar high while it lasted. Saying farewell to sweets might be a bitter goodbye, but it doesn’t have to be. Quick, easy, filling, and with almost no utensils necessary, this family recipe seeks to satisfy sugar’s lingering call in a healthy, alternative way. Word to the wise; it doesn’t take more than one to get that fix.
Recipe makes 18 carob balls.
- ¼ cup of carob powder*
- ½ cup honey
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup powdered milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup coconut (shredded)
* To substitute the carob with cocoa powder, replace one part cocoa with one and onehalf to two parts carob.
- Put all ingredients together in a mixing bowl.
- Use both hands to mix together until well blended. Make sure not to have any clumps.
- Take palm-sized amounts and roll into a ball, placing into a storage container.
- Put in the fridge and enjoy.