What’s white, pink, brown, and is gluten-, lactose-, and sugar-free? This recipe, of course. I don’t know if it’s just me, but sometimes the craving for ice cream strikes even in the depths of winter. Right now it’s especially bad, having had a taste of balmy weather before the rain took over again. Quick (think five minutes or less) and easy to make, this guilt-free ice cream will leave you dreaming of summer days.
Three ingredient banana ice cream
- 3 large, frozen, ripe bananas, cut*
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large, frozen, ripe bananas, cut
- 1 cup frozen strawberries**
- 3 large, frozen, ripe bananas, cut
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Put all ingredients in food processor.***
- Mix until consistency is goopy.
- Put in container, freeze overnight, and enjoy.
* Frozen bananas require six or more hours until they freeze all the way through, so a bit of prep is required.
** You can play around with this recipe by adding a cup of frozen fruits instead of strawberries.
*** Though this recipe does call for a food processor, blenders work just fine too.
Play around, add some chocolate chips to the mix, and some whipped cream for a nice snack or dessert option.
Word of caution, it is very filling.