Daffodils and crocuses are colouring the ground, and everything is turning a lush green with the sun coming out regularly again. With the semester more than halfway done, and reading break come and gone, you might still be feeling the urge to relax and unwind. These St. Patty’s drinks just might help—but drink responsibly.
- Crème de menthe
- Fill half of glass with ice cubes.
- Pour in the crème de menthe, then add the whisky (Jameson Irish Whisky is a solid choice).
- Stir and enjoy responsibly.
- 1 ½ ounce Jameson Irish Whiskey
- 1 ½ ounce Kahlua (or other coffee liqueur)
- 2 ounces half and half cream
- Fill glass with ice cubes.
- Mix all liquid ingredients together.
- Add chocolate shavings, and enjoy responsibly.
If you’re the DD or just want to take it easy for the night, this one might be for you.
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream or mint chocolate chip ice cream*
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 tsp pure peppermint extract
- 1/4 tsp green food colouring
- Optional: whipped cream and green sprinkles
*If you opt for mint chocolate chip, skip the extract and food colouring
Instructions (courtesy of sheknows.com)
- Scoop ice cream, milk, peppermint extract, and food colouring to blender.
- Cover and blend until smooth,
- Add toppings and serve immediately.
If in doubt, try Guinness—there’s no messing with perfection.