By Production Manager Catherine Charlebois
If cooking tonight isn’t striking your fancy, try this garden medley. Full of vitamins to prep you for that final semester push, this quick and easy meal is cheap to make and filling to eat, with plenty of leftovers to boot. Sweet and savory, this meal goes great over a plate of rice.
• 4 large carrots, diced
• 3 fresh beets, peeled and diced
• 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
• 2 medium onions, peeled and quartered
• ½ cup water
• 2 tsp salt
• ½ tsp pepper
• ¼ tsp dried thyme
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• Fresh or dried parsley flakes (optional)
1. Heat oven at 350˚ F.
2. In a baking pan, place carrots, beets, sweet potatoes, onions. Add water. Sprinkle salt, pepper, and thyme. Drizzle with olive oil. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 40 mins or until cooked through.
3. Take out and stir veggies. Sprinkle with parsley if desired.
A sassy French Canadian with a penchant for puns and coffee, Catherine is The Nav’s Production Manager. Living out of her planner, she is always looking for ways to streamline the paper’s production. You can find her writing in The Nav and also at frozenconstellations.wordpress.com