Above: 📷 momtastic.com
By Production Manager Catherine Charlebois
For many, March is a stressful month, crammed full of exams, final projects, and essays. Before you let those last few weeks before summer freedom get to you, make this stress putty—I guarantee, you’ll be squishing away stress you didn’t know you had. Easy to make, and customizable, this little ball of dough is excellent to let out that extra surge of nerves.
• 1 cup flour
• ½ cup salt
• 3 tbsp cream of tartar
• 1 tbsp oil (almond, canola, or coconut, whichever you prefer)
• ½ cup boiling water
• 10 – 20 drops of lavender essential oil, or your choice
• Glitter (optional)
1. In large bowl, combine flour, salt, cream of tartar, and oil. Add boiling water and stir until combined.
2. For glitter, add two tbsp and work your way up to ¼ cup. You may have to add more water. If not adding glitter, you may have to add more flour if the mixture is too sticky.
3. Once you’ve reached the desired consistency, add 10 drops of essential oil and stir. Add 10 more drops for stronger scent.
A sassy French Canadian with a penchant for puns and coffee, Catherine is The Nav’s Production Manager. Living out of her planner, she is always looking for ways to streamline the paper’s production. You can find her writing in The Nav and also at frozenconstellations.wordpress.com