A creamy treat for the vegans on campus, this recipe has a stronger pumpkin flavour than traditional pumpkin pie.
3 cups pureed pumpkin (without added sugar or spices)
3/4 cup non-dairy milk
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp oil
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1 prepared pie crust, uncooked
1. Preheat oven to 350 °F (175 °C). Mix together all the ingredients (except the pie crust, because that would be weird) in a medium sized bowl, or a blender if you don’t feel like using a fork.
2. Give it a taste-test and see if you like the sweetness and quantity of spice. Add more if so desired.
3. Pour into the prepared pie crust and place in oven.
4. Cook for 40 minutes and then check the crusts. If they seem like they might burn in the next 20 minutes, wrap the pie in tin foil. Cook for another 20 minutes, then remove and set aside to cool.
5. Serve with coconut whipped cream or vegan vanilla ice cream.
Online Reporter Mallory enjoys calling herself a writer, singing (badly) while driving, and planning vacations she will never go on. When she’s not writing, she sells art online (so far, she’s made a total of $0.72!). She’s this year’s Online Reporter for the Nav, something she finds both terrifying and exciting.View all articles